Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things have been busy....

I know it has been awhile and I am sorry- things have been busy and I have been sick- gotta love sinus infections! We have finally begun construction on our extra/storage room. We have decided to turn it into a bedroom for Sarah and she is VERY excited!!! She wants to paint the room a light purple and light pale green. Whatever- it is her room. Rachel has decided that she wants to move rooms and be in the playroom. Rachie wants to paint her room a light pale yellow. So... of course... Gabriel and the baby will be in the bedroom right next to Rick and I. Gabriel wants to paint his room blue- 'lots a blue mom!' he tells me- 'wif cars on it!'- hope the new baby likes cars?!?
The kids are doing great and have had a lot of fun outside on their swing set on the warmer days. Sarah spends a lot of time with her nose in books and has started reading stories to Gabriel almost every night. Gabriel is loving the attention and the stories- his favorite book right now is 'BIG BAD BRUCE'. He likes telling me all about that mean old bear. Rachel spends her time trying to get on the computer to play 'poptropica' (?) she loves it and bugs me from the minute she walks int he door until she goes to bed at night- well... until she crawls off somewhere and falls asleep. We find her in Gabe's bed, on the floor, out on the couch- she just kind of drops in her tracks! Funny kid!

Rick and I are doing well. The sinus infection really took a lot out of me and I am glad to be feeling better. Rick is getting ready to begin his new job- next Wednesday!!!!! We are excited about the hours- (consistent hours!!!), the fact that he will average more than 40 hours a week, they pay overtime and this new company will have Medical Insurance. YAY!!!! I have to admit I am not thrilled that he will be gone every afternoon and night- but maybe another shift will eventually open up. Cross our fingers! He will get to carpool to and from work with his Dad which he is looking forward to, he was just telling me the other night that he has missed hanging out with him every day. So the commute should be kind of fun for him. That will also give us more time to look for a second car and will leave me with the minivan- UGH. Still working on the whole minivan thing.

That is about all here- just regular every day family stuff. I am happy that there is progress on the 4th room and keep hoping for some warm days int he near future so we can cut out and put a window into that room. Hope everyone is well!

No comments: