Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick hello!!!

I thought I would pop on quickly while we are visiting my parents and give everyone a quick update- sorry I forgot my camera. Rick is working hard at his job just to come home and work hard around the house or on the land. He even got to mow the lawn for the first time this past week- one of his favorite things to do! I am counting down the weeks until 'AMMON'- as we call him- joins our little brood. I have been really sick lately and have been diagnosed with 'GILBERT'S SYNDROME'. Basically my liver does not break down and get rid of toxins correctly and they are released into my blood stream. There has been very little research into this disease and there are very few answers to my questions but it is nice to know what has been making me tired and sick with fevers and backaches and headaches and nausea and turning my skin 'yellowish' since I was 22. I have had to rest a lot and cut sugar and refined foods out of my diet- MAN I MISS CHOCOLATE!!!!
Sarah is growing like a weed and getting prettier every day. I took her shopping for an Easter dress and found myself feeling very conflicted- the dress that she looked the most darling in was also the one that she looked the most grown up in! It is stylish and pretty and she is in love with it. We have had to put a bit of a hold on her bedroom and she is having a hard time with it. Almost all of the drywall is up and she can hardly stand it!!! She is so afraid that we will not get it done in the next few weekends before the baby gets here and then she will have to keep sharing a room. Rachel is just as cute and fiesty as ever- she too is growing like a weed and is looking less and less like a 'little girl' to me. She is doing GREAT in school and really enjoys her after school Math/Science club. She is excited that the baby will be here soon and keeps asking us to go ahead and have a little girl next so she can share her room with it. UGH! She wants to be homeschooled again next year and says that she misses Gabe and I when she is gone during the days. I am all for it.... I think. We will see. Gabriel is... well.... cute as heck is what he is! He is happy and funny and loves 'his girls'. He follows his sisters around everywhere and wants to show them every little thing and do everything that they are doing. He tells us that he is not Gabe- he is 'Spiderman' or 'Batman' depending on the day... and then he will tell us when he is 'just Gabe' again. We have been trying to teach him not to interrupt people when they are talking and that he needs to say 'excuse me' when he does want a turn to talk. He hasn't quite figured it out yet- so far he just interrupts and says 'EXCUSE ME!' over again and again and again (loudly) until you let him talk. It is pretty cute. His father is coming out to visit next month and I think we have created a little monster- the last time his dad came it was around his Birthday and he bought him presents, the time before his dad got him Christmas gifts... now Gabriel has a running list of the things he wants 'Daddy Thom' to get him when he comes out. He wants a baby pool, a baby trampoline (to jump), a blue Spiderman wallet, to go and get a cheeseburger and a slide for his playground. Funny kid! Oh to be 3 again!
that is about all that is going on- because I have been TOTALLY USELESS!!! We have a garden in thanks to my parents and need to get a going on buying baby stuff- we are running out of time!!!! Never a dull moment. I will try really hard to remember my camera next time and get some pictures of the kids up. Hope you are all well and happy!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Wes Gordon Family said...

So cool. Glad all is 'normal'

May 15th. early evening? don't forget it!

The Jatens said...

Glad you were able to slip in a little "update." Glad things are going well. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one.

The Jatens said...

Glad you were able to "sneak in" an update. Hopefully you can again soon? :-) I miss the updates. . .