Friday, July 15, 2011

Girls Day Out!

My girls (Sarah & Rachel) are getting ready for a trip with their paternal Grandparents (The Stanfords) out to Nebraska and then to stay with their Daddy in Utah. Thanks to their Grandparents this has kind of become a summer tradition and the girls LOVE it! They spend weeks talking about what they are going to pack and giving their father lists of places they want to eat, people they want to visit and things that they want to do. Then there is the regular habit of laying out piles of clothes and getting out the suitcases 2 weeks in advance so everyone in the house is stumbling and stepping over them until the girls leave. As the day to leave gets closer the pile of clothes in slowly whittled down by Mommy and the girls are becoming more and more excited as Mommy is becoming more and more anxious. There are more texts and phone calls between girls and Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, friends and Daddy. Richard and I constantly find the girls with their phones and thank out lucky stars for our unlimited cell phone plans. 1,376 texts so far this month and I believe it is only the 15th! We did the whole- 'I have to get my haircut before I go' step a few days ago and the girls are very excited about their new looks. Last night as we began to actually select the few outfits I will let them take and put them into their suitcase it became very apparent that I have been failing as a mother. Somehow Rachel has made it this far into the summer without a single pair of capri's and 1 pair of jean shorts. She always looks so cute that I never noticed and sweet girl that she is she never complained. She had NOTHING to pack except shirts- all hand me downs from Sarah. My sweet husband noting how sad this made me and knowing how upset I was that it was getting closer to 'departure time' suggested I take the girls out for a 'Girls Day' and go shopping. He offered to stay with the boys until he had to go to work while we take off and have some 'Girl Time'.

This morning we girls headed off for some fun. We took Kymball along because she is so cute and we didn't want to leave her with the 'boring ol' boys'. The girls were starving by the time we reached Liberty so we grabbed some lunch and then headed over to Kohls- the girls favorite shopping spot. We found too many cute things and the girls had a great time playing dress up. With the clearance/sales and coupons I had we were able to get 3 pairs of capri's, a pair of shorts, 3 tank tops, 5 shirts and 2 bracelets for under $150. The girls were thrilled and we found some really cute things so it was time to go home, hurry and wash it all and pack it up for tomorrow. This evening has been spent accessorizing the new outfits with jewelry, hair things & shoes and I have loved every minute of watching them have fun. As it gets closer and closer to tomorrow I find my heart aching more and more. I am so grateful that my girls have such a wonderful family that tries to keep the girls involved with their family vacations and trips. I am very blessed that my girls have a father who will make time for them any time that he can and will do all that he can to see them as often as possible. I am so happy for the fun and special moments that lay waiting for my sweet girls and I am excited at the break that they are about to enjoy but I will miss them more than I can express. They are 2 of my best little friends and I will be anxiously awaiting any phone call, text or message from them until they are home with me again. It has been a great day and I am sad to see it end and bring tomorrow with it already. Oh well.... I guess the faster they leave the faster they will be back home with me. Let the fun begin....

No comments: