Friday, March 27, 2009

Gratitude....

I think being put on bed rest for the past few weeks has probably been a little harder on me than I have admitted- even to myself. I thought I was doing okay- just REALLY bored- until 2 of my friends found out yesterday that I had been put on bed rest... they dropped everything they had going on in their busy lives, ran to the store, put together a 'fun box'- full of games, treats, lotion, veggies and dip, fruit and even a movie to watch, then made my family dinner and came over to visit. I was so happy to see them that I could have cried- and did-LITERALLY- and then I had a hard time not crying the whole time that they were here. I was so grateful for their thoughtfulness and for the company. I think cabin fever or depression... maybe both... had set in and I didn't even realize how bad it was. When they were here and after they left all I could do was think about how blessed and grateful I am to have friends and family who call to check on me, who look for ways to show me that they love me, who pray for me, who help get me to and from Dr's appointment and who lift my spirits... and that help with Gabriel. It has been a long and boring couple of weeks and I am really excited about getting to my appointment this morning and have my fingers crossed that the Dr. will tell me all is well and that I can resume a LIFE! I miss my friends and my life! Thank you everyone for all that you have done and for brightening my days and lifting my spirits! I know youa re going to kill me for this but..... Dee- Sasha- you are the greatest!!! THANK YOU!!!

No comments: