Tuesday, June 19, 2012

3 Years Old Today!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMMON!!!!

I am blown away by the passage of time... How slowly some days seem to drag by and then you turn around and weeks, years even have flown by too quickly. I look at my now 3 year old Ammon and remember how desperately I wanted to get through the first few months of infant status. With the stomach problems, jaundice and constant screaming my poor baby son was a mess and I was exhausted. I look at this little boy- no longer a toddler running through my house, wanting to potty train himself, telling us all that he likes a puppy not a kitty and determined to do all of the things that the big kids do and I feel that I would give almost anything to hold my 'baby' Ammon and kiss his sweet little baby face for just a little while.

I love that Ammon runs everywhere that he goes. He doesn't walk anywhere. He yells when he talks and he cant sit still for a moment. He is all over the place moving from this seat to that even when he is engrossed in a cartoon. He LOVES to be outside and doesn't care how sweaty or dirty he is- in fact the dirtier the better. He loves to dig int he dirt, swim int he pool and help me pick blackberries- he eats more berries than he puts into the bowl.

Ammon loves fishing, camping and playing ball. He likes chocolate and will eat all of the fruit in the house if I let him. He prefers broccoli uncooked and will eat it without dip and even when there are other choices- which just baffles his father. Ammon is a fun brother and keeps us all moving and playing. He loves to chase Kymball and harass her and he and Gabriel keep one another entertained with lego, playing cars, wrestling & even fighting most days. Sarah & Rachel adore him and he has learned what looks to give them to get away with being super naughty. His new thing is to tilt his head to the side, put his hands up against his cheek like he is going to pray and tell us 'I Promise' in his sweetest voice. this has saved him from more than one spank.

He is my most favorite Ammon and has added so much life and adventure to our family. He makes us smile, yell and laugh on a daily basis and we would be completely lost without him. We love our trips with him to the zoo as he runs from animal to animal excitedly yelling about them as if he has never seen them before. I love when he crawls into my lap with his 'blankie' and his 'binky' and snuggles with me- even though it doesn't us usually last for very long. He is my most favorite Ammon and I hope that he has a Wonderful 3rd Birthday!!!

No comments: