Saturday, June 23, 2012

What a morning!

We have had an insanely busy week and the past couple of days have been especially busy with doctors appointments, unexpected trips to the Vet and more errands than I care to think about on top of the housework and yard work that still hasn't been caught up on. Our puppy has had a runny nose since we brought him home so we put him on antibiotics Wednesday night. Friday morning he developed a terrible cough and by last night he was coughing so hard that he could hardly stay standing when he coughed. We were up with him all night. Rick wanted to be close to the puppy and keep a constant ear on him so the puppy slept in the entryway and Rick slept (kind of) on the couch.

 I had Kymball in my bed all night because she hasn't been feeling well and was really struggling to get comfortable. Rick was supposed to work at 5am but we were still dealing with sickies and were quite out numbered so he had to go into work late. After a wild morning trying to get things in order enough for him to leave he finally made it out the door to work.
Kymball inside the Dryer
Of course, 5 minutes after Rick leaves for work Ammon is screaming like I have never heard him scream before. I run into the bathroom thinking that I am going to find something terrible because his scream sounds so intense and I find him sitting on the potty staring down underneath himself into the water with tears running down his face. I asked what on earth was going on and he explained- in Ammon language that he was going potty all by himself, #2, that he is a big boy and that when he looked down at his success and squealed 'YAY' his binky fell out of his mouth and into the potty! I tried so hard not to bust out laughing at his devastation as I walked to get something to grab the binky out of the potty with.

As I am bleaching and getting ready to sanitize the binky my phone rings- thanks to the ring I know that it is Rick calling so I hurry over to answer the phone. I can barely hear him because the phone is cutting out so much, due to all of the storming i presume, but I can tell he is really upset. I immediately become concerned that it is work related since he went in late and begin to panic a bit inside. After asking a few times 'WHAT?!?' I finally get enough bits and pieces of the conversation to understand that he made it to work, parked the car and heard 'meowing' coming from under the hood of the car. He lifted the hood and found our kitty! The kitty was not hurt, thankfully, but I don't think Rick cared much as he now had to turn right around and drive the kitty all of the way back home and then drive back to work making him even later than he already was. My poor husband! the look on his face when he opened the front door and handed the kitty off to Rachel had us all in hysterical fits of laughter and snorting. He sneered at us, turned, got back into the Durango and drove away. We are still chuckling! He sent me a text demanding an adult only- animal free/child free vacation when my parents return from Russia. He requested a few days in Utah visiting family and friends, some good food, some hiking, a movie, a motorcycle ride and a Mani/Pedi.


All I can say is... 'Babe- you have more than earned it and I will see what I can do? Anyone want to babysit 5 adorable children, a puppy and a cat that may crawl up into your car this fall?'

No comments: