Saturday, January 10, 2009

I can't believe I didn't mention...

I think pregnancy is really messing with my mind. I can't believe that I forgot to tell about one of our favorite things that Gabriel does... I am so glad that my good friend Dee reminded me. Gabriel went around calling everything and everyone 'stupid' for a while. We told him that it was a 'bad' word and that he was not to say it. Somehow, Gabriel got it into his head that a good replacement for this 'bad' word would be the words 'bubble gum'. He spends a good amount of his days correcting everyone on their 'bad' language. He will catch us saying that something is 'stupid' and will tell us... "don't say that- that a bad word- say bubble gum!" Then we have to respond and tell him we are sorry, he is right and make the appropriate correction in our language. It does not matter where we are or who he hears say it- a stranger- in laws- aunts- friends- anyone that he hears say 'stupid' will get an immediate correction. We will be in another room and not even realize that we have said it and he will come running from wherever he is in the house, from nowhere it seems at times, to make his favorite correction. We still think it is cute and have been VERY surprised at how often we use that word without even knowing it. Sadly... I have to admit that I am going to be in BIG TROUBLE when he learns what 'bad words' really are and starts making those corrections. I may say nothing but 'bubble gum' anymore!

No comments: