Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rachel's Awards and Sarah's Concert!

January 8th was a fun night for me as a mom.

Rachel has won numerous awards for all of the reading that she has done and the great scores that she has received when tested on those books. Rachel has read most of the 'Magic Treehouse' books, all of the 'Junie B. Jones' series, most if not all of the 'Ramona Cleary' books, all of the 'Pippi Longstocking books', and quite a few others that I can't think of right now. Some nights I have to pull her nose out of a book to get her to come and eat. I am so happy that my girls love reading and hope it will open up creative thought, adventure and lots of fun ideas for them. She won awards to Pizza Hut for personal pan pizza's and had enough to take us all out to dinner.It was all the 'yummier' because it was free and I didn't have to do the dishes! YAY RACHEL!!!!After dinner we got to go to Sarah's band and Choir concert. She performed in both! It was great to hear Sarah play with the band and to see all of her practicing pay off. She did a really good job and I am still so proud of my girls! They sang some fun Christmas songs and were pleased that they were able to make the audience laugh. I thought she looked so pretty... and WAY to grown up! I even got to meet the little boy that has been after Sarah to 'go out' with him since her first day of school. His name is Cajun and sarah said that he rushes every day to get his things put away in band class so that he can come over and take her stand down for her, he walks her to classes and has told her that she had better 'get used to him being around and doing nice things for her'. The poor kid was nervous as heck when she pulled him over to meet us (my parents, Rachel and myself)... but he shook our hands, looked us in the eyes and was very polite. I must say that my mother and I were impressed- not many boys his age behave that way. I told Sarah and Cajun's mother as much.I also told Sarah as long as they stay friends and he keeps his nose clean, that she can go on a date with him when she is 16. Then I told her to invite him to church- she did! Guess we will see huh! Isn't life funny. I am not sure I am ready for this!!!!

No comments: