Monday, January 26, 2009

So very grateful...


I just had to take a minute and 'BLOG' about how very blessed my little family has been this last week! I am so grateful that we have been blessed, protected and watched over. On the way to work last week Richard hit a mixture of frost and gravel on a curve and flipped our car. The top of the car and windshield were crushed in so far toward the seats that I can not figure out how Richards head did not go through it. My car is destroyed but my husband walked away with a sore back and a scratch- WE WERE SO BLESSED! Thankfully none of the children were in the car and there were no other cars involved- if it had happened the day before or the day after Rick would have had one of the kids in the car. WE ARE SO BLESSED! We have a wonderful Insurance company that covers medical expenses to a certain point so my husband was able to go to the hospital and get checked over- bringing peace of mind to me and to his mother. Again- WE ARE SO BLESSED! Being out here on my own with the kids for the past two years, having to handle everything on my own has led me to feel immensly grateful for the support and help of family in general- but especially when in crisis. Richards parents came running to assist him in any way they could and got him to the hospital. My father came running to look after me, help me with Insurance stuff and got Gabriel and I to the hospital to see Rick. Tiffany took the day off of work to tend to Gabriel so Richard could rest and so I could take care of things like Insurance, getting a rental car and not being too overly stressed myself. I can not even begin to explain the gratititude in my heart for a loving, supportive and helpful family- NOT going through and having to deal with things alone has been an amazing gift. WE ARE SO BLESSED! Once again thanks to my Insurance company we were able to get into a rental car and have not had to worry and stress over getting to and from appointments, church, the grocery store and work. WE ARE SO BLESSED! My brother and sister are here and my family has been able to spend time together for the first time in 2 years- we are all healthy and so happy to have one another around. WE ARE SO BLESSED! On Saturday I received a letter in the mail letting me know that the state has taken all things into consideration and has decided that I do qualify for medical coverage through the state- I feel so much relief knowing that the baby and I are covered and if something goes wrong I can get the baby the help that he or she will need. WE ARE SO BLESSED! We got to spend yesterday at church worshipping and thanking our Lord and Savior for our many blessings this week, which was a blessing in and of itself considering I felt awful Saturday and spent most of the day in bed. WE ARE SO BLESSED! My husband is back to work, my children are strong and healthy, I will get to see my family today and the baby is kicking away- I know who is looking over me and my loved ones and I know where these blessings are coming from... I AM SO GRATEFUL! I AM SO BLESSED!!!

3 comments:

Selissa said...

I am so glad everyone is safe and that you are going to be taken care of. We love you and miss you.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

So glad to hear your family is there to love and help you!

Did you sing up for redBox free rentals? If you did you HAVE to see Fireproof, it is AWESOME! I loved it!

The Jatens said...

You are great at seeing the forest thru the trees. I'm glad that you have so much support around you. Can't wait to see what you are having. You should be able to find out in a week or two right?